SMi Group reports: The conference taking place in Los Angeles in June, is a key calendar meeting for Military Satellite professionals that are driving innovation across the space enterprise.
The Military Space USA conference and exhibition will convene in Los Angeles, June 11th and 12th 2019. SMi Group, organizers of Global MilSatcom, are proud to present this highly anticipated conference and share 10 key reasons to attend:
1. Military Space USA is the only event of its kind – the two-day conference will cover a comprehensive view of the US space enterprise and explore how organisational efforts such as ‘SMC 2.0’ are facilitating and delivering the space supremacy that is demanded by the warfighter.
2. The agenda features high level briefings from senior leadership across industry, government and allied partner states to address key topics, including: Delivering the Disruptive, Position, Navigation and Timing, Future Concepts and Capability, Space Situational Awareness (SSA), APAC & International Updates, SatCom, Small Satellite’s and Launch Moving Forward, Battlefield Management Command and Control (BMC2), Disruptive Architecture, and more.
The event brochure with the full agenda and speaker line-up can be downloaded online at http://www.milspaceusa.com/defcon
3. Delegates will have the opportunity to network with senior military and industry authorities. A snap shot of this year’s conference attendees includes: Accion Systems, US Air Force Space Command, US Air Force Research Laboratory, US Army War College, Booz Allen Hamilton, DISA, Dstl, ExoAnalytic, US Navy Fleet Readiness Center Southwest, Indian Army, UK MoD JFC, Lockheed Martin, US Marine Corps Marine Corps Tactical Systems Support Activity, US Air Force Space and Missile Systems Centre, Luxembourg MoD, Hughes, Kratos, MIT Lincoln Laboratory, NanoRacks LLC, Officina Stellare, UK National Maritime Information Centre, Northern Space & Security Ltd, Northrop Grumman, New Zealand Defence Forces, US Army PEO PNT, Rocket Lab, Republic of Korea Defence Communication Command, SES Government Solutions, The Aerospace Corporation, Swedish Defence Research Agency (FOI), UK Space Agency, US Air Force Institute of Technology, US Navy 3rd Fleet, XTAR, and many more.
4. Delegates will have the chance to meet leading military decision makers at their exhibition stands from the likes of: ExoAnalytic Solutions, Lockheed Martin, Hughes, Kratos, Officina Stellare, PlaneWave Instruments and XTAR.
5. Military Space USA is taking place in the heart of industrial space innovation and procurement – Los Angeles, where delegates will explore how industry disruptors and incubating vendors – are delivering the new ‘agile space’ sector within the Silicon Valley and internationally.
6. The event will combine a military/industry synergy as there will be two conference chairs. Day one chair is Mr. Jay Santee, Vice President, Strategic Space Operations, The Aerospace Corporation and day two chair is Colonel Russell Teehan, Portfolio Architect, SMC, AFSPC, US Air Force.
7. Delegates will hear from key international partners, including:
Colonel Kapil Jaiswal, Director, Directorate of System Applications, Directorate General of Signals, Indian Armed Forces
Lieutenant Colonel Yun Kyong Sung, C4I Interoperability Officer, J6, ROK JCS
Major Geoffroy Beaudot, Head of Luxembourg Space Programmes, Luxembourg DoD
Mr Sean Goldsbrough, Senior Orbital Analyst, UK Space Agency
8. Delegates will hear from key industry partners, including:
Ms Kay Sears, Vice President & GM Military Space, Lockheed Martin
Dr Douglas Hendrix, CEO, ExoAnalytic Solutions
Dr Natalya Bailey, CEO and Co-Founder, Accion Systems
Mr Lars Hoffman, SVP Launch, Rocket Lab
Mr. Mike Lewis, Chief Innovation Officer, NanoRacks
Mr Kevin Coggins, Vice President, VP, Resilient PNT Platform Systems, SIG/Cyber & Engineering, Booz Allen Hamilton
9. All branches of the US Military are set to present, including:
Major General Stephen Whiting, Commander, 14th Air Force and Deputy Joint Space Component Commander, US Air Force
Colonel Nickolas Kioutas, Positioning, Navigation, and Timing, PEO, US Army
Captain Michael Mattis, Space Lead Commander, Third Fleet, US Navy
Dr Jim Baker, Senior Principal Engineer, Marine Corps Tactical Systems Support Activity, US Marine Corps
10. Mission leads from across SSA SSA, SST, PNT and EO will be speaking, including:
Dr Jaime Stearns, Space Control Mission Lead, Space Vehicles Directorate, Air Force Research Laboratory
Mr Joseph Vanderpoorten, Chief, Advanced Concepts Division, Space and Missile Systems Center, MILSATCOM/Advanced Concepts, US Air Force
To attend the conference next month, places can be booked online at http://www.milspaceusa.com/defcon
All active federal employees, to include Military Personnel, will be granted free admission to the event. However, in order to attend, pre-registration is required, which is subject to final approval by the conference organizer.
Any commercial organisations who wish to attend, can register on the event website.
To sponsor, speak and/or exhibit at Military Space USA, please contact Alia Malick, Director by phone: +44 (0) 207 827 6168 or by email: [email protected]
Military Space USA Conference
June 11th – 12th 2019, Los Angeles
Gold Sponsors: ExoAnalytic Solutions, Lockheed Martin
Sponsors: Hughes, Kratos, Officina Stellare, PlaneWave Instruments, XTAR