SMi’s two-day conference on Close Air Support is set to host an international gathering of military officials, agencies, and industry experts, to discuss the vital importance of Close Air Support (CAS) capabilities and allied interoperability. The industry-leading event continues to provide an excellent platform for the advancement of CAS ventures, both in the air and on land, continually striving to bridge the gap as increased agility, interoperability, and combat effectiveness develop at an exponential rate.
4 key reasons to attend the 2019 event:
1. This is the only forum where you can hear exclusive briefings from leading US and British organisations in the field of air-land integration and joint fires including: JALO UK MoD, US Multi-Doman Targeting Centre, US Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC), UK Typhoon Force Standards and Evaluation Team RAF
2. Meet with vital Air-Land representation from the British Army, Royal Air Force, US Air Force, US Army and US Army Europe, as well as France and Germany
3. Hear keynote addresses from Major General David San Clemente, Senior Air National Guard Advisor to the Commander, US Air Force Special Operations Command and Wing Commander Jason Wells, SO1 Equipment Capability, JALO UK MoD
4. Deliberate current developments with international agencies such as NATO’s Airborne Early Warning and Control Programme Management Agency (NAPMA)
This year’s 5th annual event will aim to provide relevant mission updates from real-time operations, as well as in-depth discussions on key areas of interest which include; international programme updates, digitally aided CAS, joint fire delivery and targeting, command and control, JTAC training and operations, CAS platform updates and avionics, and much more.
Featured expert speakers include:
• Major General David P San Clemente, Senior Air National Guard Advisor to the Commander, United States Air Force Special Operations Command, US Air Force
• Wing Commander Jason Wells, SO1 Equipment Capability, JALO, UK MoD
• Lieutenant Colonel Vivien Beral, Commandant du Centre de Formation à l’Appui Aérien, French-German Air to Ground Operations School, French Air Force
• Lieutenant Colonel Nick Sargent, Division Chief, US Army Multidomain Targeting Center, US Army
• Major John Hough John “Semi” Hough, B-1 Close Air Support Subject Matter Expert, 337 Test and Evaluation Squadron, US Air Force
Delegates will gain updates on strategic partners’ respective CAS programmes and the work of leading industry OEMs; deliberate key requirements for targeting, processing, and delivery of close air support; network with and build co-operation between strategic partners and educate industry on the unique needs of the operator and end user.
The event brochure is available to download from the website with the full program of presentations and speaker line-up. For more information and to register online, please visit http://www.closeair-support.com/defconf1
There are early bird rates available and attendees can save £400 if they book by 29th March, save £200 if they book by 30th April, save £100 if they book by 31st May.