The Knowledge Foundation’s Second Annual Biodefense World Summit, taking place from June 27-30th in Baltimore, MD, brings together leaders from government, academia, and industry for compelling discussions and comprehensive coverage on pathogen detection, sample prep technologies, point-of-care, and biosurveillance. Across the four-track event, attendees can expect exceptional networking opportunities in the exhibit hall, across panel discussions, and shared case studies with members of the biodefense community from technology providers to policy makers. The 2015 summit saw more than 400 participants from 21 countries with 33% of attendees titled as scientist/technologist, 30% as executive/director, and 11% as professor.
Keynote presentations for 2016 include:
· Heike Sichtig, Ph.D., Principal Investigator/Team Lead, Microbiology Devices, Center for Devices (CDRH), US Food and Drug Administration
· Aaron M. Firoved, Ph.D, Director, National Biosurveillance Integration Center, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
· Peter Gerner-Smidt, M.D., DMS, Chief, Enteric Disease Laboratory Branch, Division of Foodborne, Waterborne and Environmental Diseases, United States Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
· Timothy D. Minogue, Ph.D., Chief, Molecular Diagnostics Department, Division of Diagnostic Systems, U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID)
· Lt. Col. Kurt Schaecher, Ph.D., Deputy Director, Division of Medicine, USAMRIID, U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases
· Gary R. Acuff, Ph.D., Professor and Texas A&M AgriLife Research Faculty Fellow; Director, Center for Food Safety, Texas A&M University
Register by April 1st and SAVE up to $200!
For more information and to register, please visit the event website at www.biodefenseworldsummit.com